How Do I Apply?
We are excited that you are considering Urban Discovery Academy for your child's education! Please explore the entire website to learn about the UDA (Urban Discovery Academy) experience!
TK-8 Lottery Information
- Students who are new to Urban Discovery Academy must complete the New Student Application Form (below). Enrollment applications do not roll over and must be submitted each school year. The TK-8 lottery will be held at Urban Discovery Academy on March 16, 2018.
- All enrollment applications must be submitted before the deadline, February 28, 2018 at 4:00pm.
- Any applications received after this date will go on the wait list in the order received.
- Students who are applying for kindergarten must be at least 5 years old on or before September 1, 2018 (EC Section 48000[a]). We do not make exceptions to this rule.
- Students who are applying for Transitional kindergarten must turn 5 years old between September 2, 2018 and December 2 2018. We do not make exceptions to this rule.
- If you are applying for multiple children, please submit one application per child and indicate the siblings name and grade on the sibling line on EACH form. This is very important as siblings get priority in the lottery.
- We accept applications for grades kindergarten through eighth grade. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE 4:00 PM ON THE LOTTERY DEADLINE IN ORDER TO BE ENTERED INTO OUR LOTTERY!
- For the 2018-2019 school year, our enrollment lottery will be held on March 16, 2018 at 9:00 am, on our school campus.
- All parents who are selected in the lottery will be notified by email the day of the lottery. All other parents will receive an email with their waiting list number.
- You must re-apply every year if your child is not accepted.
- Transitiona Kindergarten - 5th grade school hours: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Middle School hours: 8:00 am - 3:15 pm
- High School hours are posted on www.ideatehighacademy.com
- Every Wednesday of the month is a half day. Dismissal for ALL students is at 12:00 pm
- Aftercare is offered through the STAR Program from 6:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Hot lunches may be purchased through Top Notch Catering
- Location: 840 14th Street, San Diego, CA 92101
- Phone: 619 - 788- 4668
- Fax: 619 - 688 - 9796