Admissions are determined by a computerized lottery. Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. on February 28, 2020. Applicants will be informed of lottery results by early March. All information provided in this application is subject to verification.
In order to participate in the lottery, the following conditions must be satisfied:
- A completed application must be submitted by the deadline. You can apply online by clicking here or mail your application to:
Urban Discovery Schools Admissions Office, 840 14th Street San Diego, CA 92115.
- Submit proof of eligibility in the National School Lunch Program (if applicable). Proof can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Urban Discovery Schools provide a sibling preference to applicants who are siblings of students currently attending Urban Discovery Academy or IDEATE High Academy.
Urban Discovery Schools provide an employee preference to applicants who are children of employees currently employed by Urban Discovery Academy or IDEATE High Academy.
Urban Discovery Schools provide a priority preference to applicants whose parents or guardians are currently employed within the 92101 zip code.
Urban Discovery Schools defines siblings as children who:
- Are biologically related as siblings by one or two shared parents; OR
- Are related as step-siblings by parent marriage; OR
- Are related as siblings through formal adoption or formal court ordered guardianship. (A Power of Attorney does not suffice for this purpose.)
- Children living in the same household
Verification of Application Information and Successful Completion of the Previous Grade
Initial admissions decisions are conditional. In order to reserve the position prior to full registration, admitted applicants will be required to submit documents confirming zip code of residence, student age as well as successful completion of the previous grade level to the Admissions Office before the deadline of 1:00 p.m. March 16th, 2020. Applicants who do not submit the required documents by the deadlines will forfeit their admission.