Who We Are
Hear from parents themselves by watching this video!
The UDA Network is composed of parents, guardians, teachers and staff. As part of the the Urban Discovery Academy community, you are already a member of The Network. Our purpose is to help build community and a spirit of volunteerism across our dynamic school. We invite you to come to meetings and get involved in supporting our students, teachers, and staff. We hope each family can give 20 hours per year towards volunteering. That is only an average of 2 hours per month! If you would like to contact the Network, please email email@example.com.
Network Executive Board 2017-2018
President: Jen Jeffress
Vice President: Jen Gaston
Treasurer: Emily Dearborn
Secretary: Carrie Gunn
Why We Need Your Help
- UDA is a project-based learning school. Teachers need support and materials to help those projects come to life.
- Planning and executing events takes a team of people! We organize several events during the year to connect our school community, and to help raise funds that directly support the enrichment programs at UDA: PE, Visual Arts, Performing Arts, and STEAM.
- Your time helps students succeed. Studies have shown that a culture of volunteerism is directly related to student success.
Ways to Volunteer
- In the classroom-teachers need support with supplies, student groups, field trips and project work. Visual Arts, Performing Arts and STEAM classes all can use volunteers throughout the year.
- In the library, storage closets, Lost and Found- Help students check out books, find resource materials and keep it organized.
- Middle School- chaperones for dances, field trips, and spring overnight camps are needed. Be a mentor for ASB. You can fulfill all your hours with one trip to Camp!
- Help plan community events-Help to coordinate our annual events: Fall Festival, Annual Spring Fundraiser, Neighborhood cleanup, Dine Out Nights and the many other events we host throughout the year.
- Sign up for a shift at a community event-these events are usually in the evenings or on the weekends. “Many hands make light work”, as the saying goes!
- From HOME-cut outs, worksheets, design event flyers or send out donation requests. Give us a holler; what are your talents?
When We Meet
- First Friday Coffee Socials. These are the first Friday of every month, after the Stellar Student Awards ceremony in the morning. Come hear news and updates from the school administration and The Network.
- Monthly Executive Board Meetings. Usually the first Wednesday of the month, but always the Wednesday before the Coffee Social. 7:15am-8:30am in the UDA conference room.
- General Meetings. TBD. These will be in the evening, at UDA and will be an open forum meeting for all members of the Network. This means YOU!
Subscribe to the School Calendar
Want to help out UDA every time you make an Amazon purchase? Please follow this link (Amazon Smile) and select Urban Discovery Academy as the charity you want your funds to go to. Every time you shop at Amazon Smile you can give back to UDA!
Simply collect the box tops logo off any supported product. The collection box is in the front office lobby. Easy as a Ziploc!
Thank you to all our parents, guardians and family members who donate their time, energy and talents! We couldn’t do it without you!