- Students who are applying for kindergarten must be at least 5 years old on or before September 1 of the school year. We do not make exceptions to this rule.
- Students who are applying for Transitional Kindergarten must turn 5 years old between September 2 and June 15 of that school year.
- Are biologically related as siblings by one or two shared parents; OR
- Are related as step-siblings by parent marriage; OR
- Are related as siblings through formal adoption or formal court-ordered guardianship (a Power of Attorney does not suffice for this purpose); OR
- Are children living in the same household.
Charter schools are not allowed to discourage a pupil from enrolling or seeking to enroll in the charter school because the pupil exhibits any characteristics such as students with disabilities, academically low-achieving, English learners, neglected or delinquent, homeless, socially economically disadvantaged, foster youth, or based on nationality, race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation. Charter schools are not allowed to request a pupil's records before enrollment or encourage a child who is enrolled in a charter school to disenroll or transfer to another school. A parent, guardian, or pupil (18 years or older) may file a Charter School Complaint Form to the authorizing entity if they suspect the charter school is in violation of Education Code Section 47605(d)(4). Use the form/process below to file a complaint.