English Learner Advisory Council (ELAC)
The UDA English Learner Advisory Council (ELAC) is compromised of a representative group of staff and parents, serving in an advisory capacity to the School Advisory Council (SAC) to:
- Development of a detailed plan for English Learners submitted to the governing board;
- Development of the school’s needs assessment of students, parents/guardians, and teachers;
- Development of activities or programs that generate greater support and achievement for English Learners;
- Development of additional resources for parents and/or guardians of English Learners and strategies to further involve these parents/guardians;
- Other activities and objectives as recommended by the Committee and/or the School Advisory Council.