SAFE SCHOOL UPDATES
Urban Discovery Schools are Committed to the safety and health of every student, educator, staff member and family within our community. Stay apprised of our current COVID-19 policies, learn about our approach, and more by reviewing our Safe School Plan here.
DIGITAL TOOLS FOR STUDENTS
Use the buttons below to access Urban Discovery's easy online platforms.
- PowerSchool serves as the centra database for Urban Discovery Schools. Log in to update student information, family contacts, records & transcripts, and complete registration.
- Canvas is a day-today learning portal and central hub where teachers share curriculum, assignments, class supports and post grades as well as where students upload assignments and projects. Need help? Watch these helpful video tutorials for Canvas available in English and Spanish.
- For additional IT support, questions regarding devices, or if you do not have internet access at home, please contact, 619-788-4668 or [email protected].
Keep track of Urban Discovery's School calendars, key dates for enrollment and upcoming events here.
The Urban Discovery Student-Parent Handbook outlines the background, expectations and policies of our unique learning community. This helpful resource offers basic guidelines around school operations that support parents and students in understanding available resources and the parameters of our work together. Download your PDF copy here.
HEALTH, WELLNESS & PREVENTION
At Urban Discovery Schools, we care about the physical and social-emotional wellbeing of every student. It's our goal that our community feel fully supported and aware of the resources available to them. Among our areas of emphasis are key initiatives focused on:
- Mental Wellbeing
- Suicide Prevention
- California Healthy Youth Act (Grades 7-12)
- Human Trafficking Prevention (Grades 6-12)